{ the news }
 
Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Archived News from May 2011

NIX,THOMPSON,STONEHOUSE,PREECE,O`RAFFERTY RELEASED
31st May 2011 17:22


Five released
mansfieldtown.net, Thu 12 May 2011, 2.40pm

The Board of Directors have today sanctioned the release of five players.

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10325~2358705,00.html

Defenders Paul Stonehouse and Mark Preece along with midfielders Tyrone Thompson and Kyle Nix (pictured) have left Field Mill. Young forward Niall O'Rafferty also joins the list of departees.

We would like to thank all five players for their efforts whilst with us

---------------------

Decisions therefore awaited on Collett, Silk, Sandwith, Foster, Istead, Cain, Medley, Higginson, Spence (non contract), Ben Turner, Parker (currently out on loan).

-------------------------

Stags release five players
Evening Post, 12 May 2011

MANSFIELD Town today released five out-of-contract players, after the departure of Duncan Russell.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/mansfieldtown/Stags-release-players/article-3552130-detail/article.html?

The Stags boss was formally told this morning by chief executive Steve Barker his contract would not be renewed after discussing the situation with chairman John Radford last night.

And following him out of the exit door at Field Mill are Kyle Nix, Tyrone Thompson, Paul Stonehouse, Mark Preece and striker Niall O'Rafferty.

Nix has endured an injury-dogged two seasons at Field Mill after joining from Bradford City.

Thompson signed for the Stags last summer and played the majority of the second half of the campaign alongside skipper Adam Murray.

Preece and Stonehouse were both David Holdsworth signings from Forest Green Rovers but have had limited opportunities.

And youngster O'Rafferty, handed a senior contract at the start of the season after stepping up from the youth team, has figured in just a handful of games.

"We actually spoke to Paul Hall and Duncan earlier about players and some were released and I've sat down with Paul again this morning and they will stay released," said Barker.

"It will then be down to the new manager to review those players if need be."

Although five names have been revealed so far, there could be more to add to the list of departures.

Mansfield have yet to speak to all the players to settle their futures but expect to do so in the next few days.

Barker added: It's a case of sitting down with Paul and seeing who we would like to retain, but we do obviously have options on some of the players.

"We have actually taken that out on some already, but again we will sit down with the new manager when appointed and see what his views are."

----------------

Fleetwood announce squad clear-out
Keigan Parker has been released

blackpoolgazette.co.uk Friday 13 May 2011 15:32

FLEETWOOD Town have had a shake-out of their first team squad in the wake of their defeat in the Blue Square Bet Premier League play-offs to AFC Wimbledon.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/fleetwood_announce_squad_clear_out_1_3379563

Goalkeeper Danny Hurst has been released, along with strikers Keigan Parker and Lee Thorpe and defenders Alan Wright and Sean Gregan.

Others to leave through the exit door at Highbury are the like of Wayne Curtis, Simon Grand, Nick Rogan, Steven Connors and John Miles, who had been on loan at other clubs.



----------------

 

Latest | May 2011