CHAD EXCLUSIVE - RADFORD LETTER TO HASLAM
CHAD, 8 Dec 2010
EXCLUSIVE: Stags' letter to Haslam
CHAD.co.uk, Wed Dec 08 2010
DON'T misst his week's Chad for an exclusive about the financial row between former Mansfield Town FC owner and now landlord Keith Haslam - who this week locked the Stags out of Field Mill - and new owner John Radford.
At the beginning of November Mr Radford – through his solicitors – sent a letter to Mr Haslam concerning possible inappropriate dividends and loans paid to the former owner and his company Stags Ltd.
The letter asked for explanations and repayment – and said legal proceedings to recover the money would begin 'in the absence of any satisfactory response'.
Yesterday, Mr Radford had still not received a reply from Mr Haslam, who has also not replied to Chad's requests for comment.
This week's Chad contains extracts from the letter outlining the Stags' concerns – and claim for Mr Haslam to repay £3m to the football club – over:
1. the payment of a dividend of £2,364,054 to Stags Limited;
2. the payment of loans exceeding £350,000 to Mr Haslam
3. the payment of loans exceeding £580,000 to Stags Limited
4. the payment of £37,025 to Mr Haslam for loss of office; and
5. Mr Haslam's alleged 'breach of director's duties.
Don't miss this week's Chad, on sale at newsagents across Mansfield and Ashfield.
Latest | December 2010